[Introduction from gallery]
Mr. Zenzo Fukushima, the 16th generation owner of Koishiwarayaki pottery, which has been in business for over 300 years, has won awards at numerous craft exhibitions, including the Medal with Purple Ribbon, for his reliable craftsmanship techniques and ceramics style that emphasizes modeling by eliminating waste. In addition, it has been stored in the Imperial Household Agency and the MOA Museum of Art, and has received great acclaim.
The techniques and forms of Koishiwarayaki have been handed down. However, tradition is something that is created, and we must always move forward.” As he says, he continues to pursue his own creations while producing Koishiwara ware according to conventional theories.
- 1959 Born in Koishiwara-yaki Chigaiwa kiln
- 1988 Prefectural Exhibition Asahi Shimbun Award Selected for the 35th Japan Traditional Art Crafts Exhibition Selected 23 times since then
- 1990 Received the Governor of Fukuoka Award at the West Japan Ceramic Art Exhibition
- 1991 Asahi Shimbun Gold Award at the 26th Seibu Kogei Exhibition Selected as a regular member of the Fukuoka Art Association
- 1992 West Japan Ceramic Art Exhibition Nagasaki Prefectural Governor's Award Recommend as a regular member of the Japan Kogei Association
- 1993 Collection of Fukuoka Prefectural Museum of Art Selected for the 12th Japanese Ceramic Art Exhibition Selected 5 times since then West Japan Ceramic Art Exhibition Fukuoka Prefectural Governor's Award
- 1994 Kyushu Yamaguchi Ceramics Exhibition Semi Grand Prize
- 1998 Received the Nikkei Award at the Kyushu Yamaguchi Ceramics Exhibition
- 1999 Grand Prize at the 15th Japan Ceramic Art Exhibition
- 2000 Purchased by the Imperial Household Agency "Iron glaze bowl"
- 2001 Received the 8th Fukuoka Prefecture Cultural Award Purchased by the Imperial Household Agency "Iron glaze hanging bowl"
- 2002 Purchased by the Imperial Household Agency "Iron glaze bowl"
- 2003 Purchased by the Imperial Household Agency "Iron glaze bowl"
Received the grand prize at the 23rd West Japan Ceramic Art Exhibition
- 2004 Received the Excellence Award at the 14th MOA Mokichi Okada Award Exhibition Collection of Ibaraki Ceramic Art Museum Collection of Tagawa City Museum
Collection of MOA Museum of Art
- Collection of Hyogo Ceramic Art Museum
- 2007 “Invitation to Contemporary Ceramic Art” Hyogo Museum of Ceramic Art
- 2008 “Modern Crafts: Tradition and Creativity” Kyushu National Museum
- 2010 “Tea Ceremony: Perspectives on Contemporary Crafts,” Crafts Gallery, The National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo
- 2013 Received the Takamatsunomiya Memorial Award at the 60th Japan Traditional Art Crafts Exhibition “From Crafts to KOGEI” Crafts Gallery, The National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo
- 2014 Received the Ceramic Society of Japan Award Received the Medal with Purple Ribbon
1988 県展 朝日新聞社賞
第35回日本伝統工芸展 入選 以降23回入選
1990 西日本陶芸美術展 福岡県知事賞
1991 第26回西部工芸展 朝日新聞社金賞
1992 西日本陶芸美術展 長崎県知事賞
第12回日本陶芸展 入選 以降5回入選
1994 九州山口陶磁展 準大賞
1998 九州山口陶磁展 日経新聞社賞
1999 第15回日本陶芸展 大賞桂宮賜杯受賞
2004 第14回MOA岡田茂吉賞展 優秀賞受賞
2008 「工芸のいま 伝統と創造」九州国立博物館
2010 「茶事をめぐって 現代工芸への視点」東京国立近代美術館工芸館
2013 第60回日本伝統工芸展 高松宮記念賞受賞